Sunday, July 20, 2008

Mmmmmm...

For those of you who, like me, think that the only thing better than chocolate is:
chocolate AND peanut butter.
Boy do I have a recipe for you!

This is from the Martha Stewart Living July 2008 Issue
and is the featured Cookie of the Month:
No-Bake Chocolate and Peanut Butter Oatmeal Bars
2 cups finely ground chocolate wafers (about 40 wafers)
1 1/2 cups old fashioned oats
1 1/4 cups powdered sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1 stick plus 2 tbsp butter
1 cup chunky peanut butter
3/4 cup plus 3 tbsp smooth peanut butter
10 oz semisweet chocolate
1 1/2 oz milk chocolate
1. Coat a 9 x 13 pan with cooking spray, line with parchment paper leaving a 2 inch overhang on the 2 long sides.
2. Combine wafers, sugar, oats and salt in large mixing bowl
3. Melt butter and chunky pb and 3/4 cup smooth pb in medium saucepan, add to wafer mixture, stirring till combined
4. Press mixture evenly into 9 x 13 pan. Refrigerate 30 minutes
5. Melt semisweet chocolate and spread evenly into thin layer over chilled mixture covering the entire surface. Refrigerate 15 minutes.
6. Melt 3 tbsp smooth pb and drizzle over chilled chocolate. Melt milk chocolate and drizzle over chilled chocolate. Refrigerate 15 minutes.
7. Use parchment to lift chilled block, cut into squares. Bars can be refrigerated for one week or frozen up to a month.


Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Dale & Linda said...

I'd call them candy bars, if I were you. Lots of chocolate! Lots of calories!
Sounds delicious, however.

Joyel said...

Hey there Michal! I have been thinking of you lately. I hope you are doing well. It looks like you are from your blog. It is fun to see your family.