Friday, May 23, 2008

Helicopter Fun

It was our 6 month flight safety debriefing at work, and they were having it at the hangar near the airport. Sometimes we have to put our patients on a helicopter and ride with them to another hospital (I always volunteer to be at the bottom of the list!) So it is important for us to be familiar with what to do when the situation arises.

It was the first time I was able to bring the kids because it happened to be my day off. Seems we always do this when I am working.

Ryan and Lindsey loved it. They were able to climb in and out of the helicopter and ambulance as they pleased for about 2 hours.

Ryan got to ride in the ambulance back to the hospital while I followed behind in our car. He love it, but kept emphasizing that he was NOT sick.


This helicopter loads patients from the back and has side doors for the people riding. This is a picture of Ryan sitting in the back on the bed that the patient would be laying.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Monica Wilkinson said...

Great pictures! I can only imagine how fun they thought this was! My girls would have had a blast!